Monday, June 30, 2008

Distractions

I am convinced that Asians handle distractions better that Americans. I think that they are used to constant annoyances because they live in such crowded cities and in small spaces.

In my office because you have no dividers or cubicles you can hear the phone conversations and chatting of others from many desks away. I am lucky because they are speaking in a dialect of Chinese that I do not understand so I can just ignore it as if it were other noise. However I have noticed that there can be a very loud phone call behind someone and they continue with their task as if nothing was happening.

If you look at magazines or advertisements in China you will almost have a hard time deciding what to look at because they cram so many pictures and information on one page.

No comments: